Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Day 28 - one voice

Elizabeth Rundle Charles:

If I profess with the loudest voice and the clearest exposition, every portion of the truth of God except precisely that little point which the world and the devil are at that moment attacking, I am not confessing Christ, however boldly I may be professing Christianity. Where the battle rages, the loyalty of the soldier is proved; and to be steady on all the battlefield besides is mere flight and disgrace to him if he flinches at that one point."



*************************************

Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy. In that day you will no longer ask me anything. Very truly I tell you, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. John 16:22-23

Almighty Father, you are the author of life. It's easy to become discouraged as I see evil becoming commonplace around me. Remind me when discouragement takes over, that you have promised to give us what we ask in your name. That gives me, and those of us who serve you, the capacity to change the world and trust you with the results. Let me use that privilege in such a way that the world may see you glorified. Amen. (Prayer an excerpt from the book, 40 Days for Life, available on Amazon).

No comments:

Post a Comment