Saturday, March 9, 2013

Day 25 - bible and prayer

"What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs. Do not be afraid." Matthew 10:27-28

Lord, help me to be faithful and to overcome whatever challenges come my way as I seek to protect the well-being of God's people. I pray for your continued guidance and protection. May I be steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in your word, knowing that my labour will not be in vain. Amen.

"This is what is written: The messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things." Luke 24:46-48

Dear Jesus, what can I say in response to your sacrifice on our behalf? The pain you bore, the anguish of spirit - and you did it all so that we could be reconciled to your father. Thank you for daily reminding me of this, of all the benefits I have in life - and the life to come - because of that sacrifice, and of my privilege to bear witness to the world of all that I have seen. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment