Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 16 - beginning to speak out

My nephew sent me this poem, and included the letter that he sent to his MLA:
Mr. Lindsay,
I'm 14 years old the eldest of seven children and would like to share this poem I wrote in LA recently. I also have been studying government this year and I understand that you represent me in the Alberta Legislature. Thank you for considering my views as you do your work as an MLA.

Abortion in Canada - by darren

‘The true north strong and free’… Gloved and gowned, to commit sterile murder.

Ripping, tearing, and burning, while

Unconcern citizens, convicted lobbyists, determined propagandists argue

and a broken woman weeps bitter tears. (Shh! Don’t tell.)

Woman’s rights! Anger, passion, fear… A sea of regret.

Our own Canadian Holocaust.

The value of human life, lost in the debate over ‘freedoms’.

Tissue? Fetus?

No

Nervous, cardio vascular, skeletal, digestive, circulatory, excretory, muscular, integumentary, metabolic, respiratory systems all are beginning to work in perfect synchronicity.

Human.

The pinnacle of God’s creation, made in His image.

‘We stand on guard for thee?’

An evil, arrogant, selfish, lie.

Quick, painless, a relief?

Our sin, like an endless, painful, crimson burden.

A bloody, insane, disgrace of legalized slaughter… legal though all nine months of development.

Paid for by

me

‘Father forgive us… And open our countries’ eyes to this lie.

4 comments:

  1. wow..wow..wow

    liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. How amazing that someone so young is passionate about this issue! Wonderful expression of truth.

    ReplyDelete