Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 14 - The Prayer Part

i love 40 Days for Life.  i love that it's focused - that there is a stated goal that we strive for - we want to see an end to abortion.  We want to see abortion clinics close.  We want people to learn about each human being's intrinsic value, and we want to save lives. 
i love too, that it calls believers to pray. 

When i got to the corner, i joined my friend.  i whispered to her my insecurities about prayer... How my Father is leading me back... to pray, "Our Father"... again and again.  i told her how i feel like there is so much to learn about prayer... and that i want to pray in a way that is pleasing to Him - and in a way that is effective and powerful, and yet in this learning time, i find myself stumbling self-consciously, trying to hear His voice, and pray in accordance with His will. 

And then we prayed together.  We prayed, "Our Father" - a few times.  Each line sinking into my very soul as i turned my heart to Him and ached for the unborn.  i'm so grateful that when i stutter and start that i can cling to the words that Jesus gave me when he teaches us how to pray...

This, then, is how you should pray:
‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.'
matthew 6:9-13

No comments:

Post a Comment